The History of Chile and Mario Amoros

Hello everyone! In this post I am going to talk about a person whom I admire a lot and I have become a faithful follower of his work and his writings. This person is the spanish journalist and historian Mario Amoros.

Mario Amoros was born on August 11, 1973 in the city of Alicante. His work has focused mainly on investigations and reports from Chile and Spain, where mainly the topics talk about political events and events in these countries, as well as biographies of prominent and controversial figures within their social and political role, for example: Pablo Neruda, Salvador Allende, Augusto Pinochet, Miguel Enriquez, among many others.

Since 2020 I began to follow this writer, because a teacher from the HIPACH course put fragments of this author's texts as a reference to one of the questions that we had to answer in the test. When I read it, I realized that his way of describing the history of Chile was like a literary narrative, it was like telling a story, so I wanted to know and read more about this author.

Amoros has contributed enormously to unveil and clarify facts and characters in our history, showing a more human side of these characters and, at the same time, revealing their best kept secrets. For this reason, he has won so many awards worldwide, being a respected and admired author by the reading community and the country, since he has made the history of our country known, with neutrality and objectivity, regardless of the political class.

That is why the teachers recommend his texts as an essential source of information. Mario Amoros' books are a good starting point to become interested and learn more about the country in which we live and how history has affected who we are now.

See you next time, bye!!





Comentarios

  1. I did not know him, thanks for showing a little of him

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Wow, Mario Amorós is a phenomenal historian, his position is very interesting when he points out that extreme neoliberalism, as happens in Chile, and democracy are antonyms. It is an essential reflection on the economic and administrative model that governs us.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

How can you not like them?

Who I Am?

Smartphones, a Tool or a Necessity?