Public Administration, Engine of Change
Hello everyone! Today, I will talk about what is the contribution that public administration has in our world, how it affects, and what is my perception during this long but wonderful process, from my personal perception.
To begin, studying public administration was not one of my first options, first of all i wanted to be a doctor, and then sociologist, but despite everything, I always wanted a specialization that would have an effect on society, something that allows me to make the world a little better place. Thus, after a few months and through various tests of professional profiles and psychological tests, i discovered public administration, coincidentally, Chile was going through a deep political and social crisis known as the "Social Outbreak" due to the high mistrust and lack of good governance in our country, it was at that moment that i decided that i wanted to contribute to change the system, and make Chile a fairer country.
How can my major affect the world? I think it is a somewhat broad question that has a negative and a positive effect. In the first place, i consider that it has a positive effect because it’s a major that seeks to make the work of the State, public officials and state institutions, transparent, efficient and correct as possible, so that a country can be generated with equity, opportunities and development for all people.
However, it also has a negative effect, because it tends to generalize, and unfortunately, public administration is not a general area that can be applied to each country in the same way, all states are different, have different elements and are executed through different tools, however, with the existence of a major in public administration, it tends to think that it will work in the same way in all countries and proceed to apply innovations and procedures that are successful in other countries, but unfortunately they are not always recommended for others.
Despite this, I consider that the positive effect is greater than the negative, because it’s a specialization that seeks to ensure that countries work well, that citizens are satisfied and happy with their leaders, and that we can live in a society with opportunities, development, and equality for all.
Studying a career to work in the State has been a whole process of change for me, in my beginnings, in 2020, I came with an idea about what this specialization was about and about what I wanted to perform in the future, but when i start to study, and put knowledge into practice, has been more difficult than I imagined, however, I have seen myself loving a little more to my career day by day, increasing my work in public service, and wanting to learn more every day, on how to make the operation of the country fairer for the population. Likewise, I hope that through all this long process that still remains, I will further strengthen my vocation, and that when this ends, I will be a public official who gives confidence to the citizens, a value that has been lost too much in recent years.
I believe that public administration is a specialization that contributes to the world, because it seeks that all the countries where the population lives are the best places to live. This specialization contributes positively because it seeks to generate public value, that is, it seeks to make the population feel comfortable, satisfied and happy with their leaders and their actions. By having a satisfied population, living in a dignified and happy way, we contribute to making the world a better place.
Greetings to all, have a great weekend.

Comentarios
Publicar un comentario